BrainLit is a Swedish provider of light for health bringing natural daylight indoors to clients globally. BrainLit’s BioCentric Lighting™ is a feedback-driven self-learning system creating natural light environments using sensor-driven LED lighting controlled by our software. The well-defined system is protected by multiple patent families under ongoing development in cooperation with our scientific advisory board, allowing it to align with cutting edge technological and medicinal research.
As a Light and Sensor Specialist you will be joining a highly skilled and experienced team that works together to solve exciting challenges in a multi-disciplinary fashion. We foster a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange and make sure that every employee gets a chance to grow within BrainLit and participate in the daily decision-making process. Our headquarters is located on the top floor in The Spark, the new signature building of Medicon Village near Ideon Science Park in Lund.
In this position you will be one of the key people responsible for drivng the development of both lighting technology and sensor eco system related to health and light. You will analyze the market and state-of-the-art technologies to advice on development projects, direction and partners. You will build relationships with technology providers globally. You will interface with system responsible to help integrate the technologies with the system. Key responsibilities will be to advice on and implement lighting and sensor strategy and drive development projects within that area together with remote development teams and partners.
• Drive development projects within state-of-the-art light tech
• Take part in development projects to build sensor technology related to health and light
• Drive development projects with remote development teams
• Analyze and advice on development direction and strategy
• Build market intelligence of light tech and sensor technology
• Participate in building of partnership network
• Contribute to roadmap and development plans
Education and Experience
You have a MSc/PhD in Physics/ Electrical Engineering/ Biotech or related field. You have at least five years’ experience as project lead in related technology fields.
You have experience with all or several of:
• Light and colour science
• Optoelectronic components
• General lighting technology
• Optics and electronics design
• Driving product development
• Experienced in light characterization
• Software development in Python (including related frameworks)
• Proficient in Matlab and Excel
• Data science and analysis
• Biotech and medtech applications
• Wearable sensors
• Electronics and circuit theory
• Thermodynamics and mechanics
• SW development
• Mathematical modelling
• Fundamental principles of machine learning
• Wireless communication
• Computer vision
As a person you thrive in an agile and innovative environment and can easily adapt to changes and new ideas. You will be joining a small but rapidly expanding team of engaged professionals and it is important that you have the ability to communicate well with the team members and project stakeholders. You have a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail. You are inspired by building new and maintain professional relationships and networks. You initiate action and take responsibility. You are used to analyze information and produce solutions. You are fluent in English (written and spoken) and it is meriting if you are fluent in Swedish.
Potential career path could be e.g. seniority within the area with increase of strategical inluence or other roles.
For questions regarding application or the position please contact Recruitment consultant Pernilla Agardh at
+46 72 249 94 80 or firstname.lastname@example.org.